I Believe in the Bible
I believe the Holy Scriptures are the True Word of God, and are important in all of life. That the Bible is correct, and that if it says something is wrong then it is wrong.
- 2 Timothy 3:16-17, Hebrews 4:12, Psalm 19:7, Galatians 1:8, and Romans 15:4
I Believe in the Trinity
That there is only one God eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- See Genesis 1: 26-27, Deuteronomy 6:4-5, Matthew 28:19-20, John 14:7, and Galatians 4:4-6
I Believe We All Need Jesus
I believe that all have sinned and are in need of a Savior.
- See Romans 3:23, Romans 5:11-13, Hebrews 9:22, and 1 John 1:8-10
I believe that we are saved by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone.
- See Acts 4:12, Ephesians 2:8, Romans 3:24, Romans 6:23, and 1 Corinthians 15:3-4
I Believe Jesus Died Once For All Sins, But We Still Need Him Every Day
I believe that, as Christians, we are called to set ourselves apart and live a holy life, but that we do not become perfect when we are saved. I believe that even after we become Christians, God continues to work in us.
- 1 Thessalonians 4:7, 1 Peter 1:15, 2 Timothy 1:9, Philippians 1:6 and Hebrews 12
But I do not believe that it is okay to use salvation as a free pass to continue to sin. The love Jesus has for us should compel us to live out our love for Him.
- Jude 4, Ephesians 5:3-5, Matthew 11:25-30, 1 John 5:2, and John 14:23-24
I Believe in Grace and Truth
I believe that there is important balance of truth and grace. (See John 1:17) Truth hates sin, grace loves sinners… But truth without grace crushes people, and grace without truth deceives people.
I believe that we are to love and encourage one another, and treat each other respectfully. Not gossiping or arguing, but controlling our tongues.
- Ephesians 4:29, 1 Thessalonians 5:11, Proverbs 20:19, 1 Timothy 6:20, 2 Corinthians 12:20, James 1:26, James 3:1-12, and 1 Corinthians 13:13